Agenda Items and Meeting Materials
TELECONFERENCE MEETING NOTICE
Mark Nunez, DVM, President
Kathy Bowler, Vice President
Christina Bradbury, DVM
Jennifer Loredo, RVT
Jaymie Noland, DVM
Maria Preciosa S. Solacito, DVM
The Veterinary Medical Board (Board) will meet by teleconference at
9:00 a.m., on Thursday, October 21, and Friday, October 22, 2021
NOTE: Pursuant to Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-08-21, issued on June 11, 2021, this meeting will be held by teleconference with no physical public locations.
Important Notice to the Public: The Veterinary Medical Board (Board) will hold a public meeting via WebEx Events. Instructions to connect to the meeting can be found here.
Due to potential technical difficulties, please consider submitting written comments by October 15, 2021, to VMB@dca.ca.gov for consideration.
To participate in the WebEx Events meeting on October 21, 2021, please log on to this website the day of the meeting:
Event number: 2498 588 8527 Event password: VMB10212021
To participate in the WebEx Events meeting on October 22, 2021, please log on to this website the day of the meeting:
Event number: 2491 196 5116 Event password: VMB10222021
9:00 a.m., Thursday, October 21, 2021
- Call to Order/Roll Call/Establishment of a Quorum
- Public Comment on Items Not on the Agenda
Note: The Board may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting. (Government Code sections 11125, 11125.7(a).)
- Review and Approval of Board Meeting Minutes
A. July 22-23, 2021
- Report and Update from Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA)
- Review, Discussion, and Possible Action on Multidisciplinary Advisory Committee (MDC) Report – Kristi Pawlowski, RVT, Chair, MDC
- Interviews, Discussion, and Possible Appointment to Fill Vacant MDC RVT Member Position
- Update, Discussion, and Possible Action Regarding Board Approval of RVT Colleges and Postsecondary Institutions
- Access to Veterinary Care Committee Report - Jaymie Noland, DVM, and Dianne Prado
- Discussion and Possible Action Regarding Pharmacies Requiring National Provider Identifier (NPI) and Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Numbers to Fill Veterinary Prescriptions
- Update, Discussion, and Possible Action on 2021 Legislation
- Assembly Bill (AB) 1282 (Bloom, 2021) Veterinary medicine: blood banks for animals
- AB 1535 (Committee on Business and Professions, 2021) Veterinary Medical Board: application and examination: discipline and citation
- Senate Bill (SB) 344 (Hertzberg, 2021) Homeless shelters grants: pets and veterinary services
- SB 731 (Durazo, 2021) Criminal records: relief
- Update, Discussion, and Possible Action on Proposed Regulations
- Status Update on Pending Regulations
- Section 2006, Article 1, Division 20, Title 16 of the CCR Regarding Disciplinary Guidelines
- Sections 2006-2006.56, Article 1, Division 20, Title 16 of the CCR Regarding Uniform Standards for Substance-Abusing Licensees
- Section 2038.5, Article 4, Division 20, Title 16 of the CCR Regarding Animal Physical Rehabilitation
- Sections 2090-2095, Article 11, Division 20, Title 16 of the CCR Regarding Drug Compounding
- Board President Report – Mark Nunez, DVM
- Registered Veterinary Technician Report – Jennifer Loredo, RVT
- National Association Involvement Reports – Kathy Bowler and Mark Nunez, DVM
- American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB) Annual Meeting Overview
- International Council for Veterinary Assessment
- AAVSB, Member and Program Services Think Tank
- Student Liaison Reports
- UC Davis Liaison – Amanda Ayers
- Western Liaison – Kristina Junghans
- Recess until October 22, 2021, at 9:00 a.m.
9:00 a.m., Friday, October 22, 2021
- Reconvene - Establishment of a Quorum
- Executive Management Reports
- Election of 2022 Board Officers
- Future Agenda Items and Next Meeting Dates
- January 20-21, 2022
- April 21-22, 2022
- July 21-22, 2022
- October 20-21, 2022
- Recess Open Session
- Convene Closed Session
- Pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(c)(3), the Board Will Meet in Closed Session to Confer and Receive Advice From Legal Counsel Regarding the Following Matter: San Francisco Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, et al. v. Jessica Sieferman, United States District Court, Case No. 2:21-cv-00786-TLN-KJN
- Pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(e)(1) and (2)(A), the Board Will Meet in Closed Session to Discuss the Executive Officer Evaluation
- Pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(e)(1) and (2)(A), the Board Will Meet in Closed Session to Deliberate and Vote on Disciplinary Matters, Including Stipulations and Proposed Decisions
- Adjourn Closed Session
RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
- Reconvene Open Session
- Adjournment Upon Conclusion of Business – Due to technological limitations, adjournment will not be broadcast.
This agenda can be found on the Veterinary Medical Board website at www.vmb.ca.gov. Action may be taken on any item on the agenda. The time and order of agenda items are subject to change at the discretion of the Committee Chair and may be taken out of order. In accordance with the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act, all meetings of the Committee are open to the public.
This meeting will be webcast, provided there are no unforeseen technical difficulties or limitations. To view the webcast, please visit thedcapage.wordpress.com/webcasts/. The meeting will not be cancelled if webcast is not available. Meeting adjournment may not be webcast if it is the only item that occurs after a closed session.
Government Code section 11125.7 provides the opportunity for the public to address each agenda item during discussion or consideration by the Committee prior to the Committee taking any action on said item. Members of the public will be provided appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Committee, but the Committee Chair may, at his or her discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak. Individuals may appear before the Committee to discuss items not on the agenda; however, the Committee can neither discuss nor take official action on these items at the time of the same meeting (Government Code sections 11125, 11125.7(a)).
This meeting is being held via WebEx Events. The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs disability-related accommodations or modifications to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting the Committee at (916) 515-5220, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or sending a written request to the Veterinary Medical Board, 1747 N. Market St., Suite 230, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least five (5) business days prior to the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodations. TDD Line: (916) 326-2297.