Agenda Items and Meeting Materials
TELECONFERENCE MEETING NOTICE
Kathy Bowler, Vice President
Christina Bradbury, DVM
Jennifer Loredo, RVT
Jaymie Noland, DVM
Maria Preciosa S. Solacito, DVM
The Veterinary Medical Board (Board) will meet by teleconference at
9:00 a.m., on Thursday, April 22, and Friday, April 23, 2021
NOTE: Pursuant to Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20, issued on March 17, 2020, this meeting will be held by teleconference with no physical public locations.
Important Notice to the Public: The Veterinary Medical Board (Board) will hold a public meeting via WebEx Events. Instructions to connect to the meeting can be found here.
Due to potential technical difficulties, please consider submitting written comments by April 15, 2021, to VMB@dca.ca.gov for consideration.
To participate in the WebEx Events meeting on April 22, 2021, please log on to this website the day of the meeting:
Event number: 187 167 8047 Event password: VMB42221
To participate in the WebEx Events meeting on April 23, 2021, please log on to this website the day of the meeting:
Event number: 187 628 0518 Event password: VMB42321
9:00 a.m., Thursday, April 22, 2021
- Call to Order/Roll Call/Establishment of a Quorum
- Public Comment on Items Not on the Agenda
Note: The Board may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting. (Government Code sections 11125, 11125.7(a).)
- Review and Approval of Board Meeting Minutes
A. January 28, 29, 2021
- Report and Update from Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA)
- Review, Discussion, and Possible Action on Multidisciplinary Advisory Committee (MDC) Report – Kristi Pawlowski, RVT, Chair, MDC
- Recommendation to Amend Business and Professions Code (BPC) Section 4841.5 Regarding RVT Foreign Graduate Review Program
- Recommendation on Section 2032.1, Article 4, Division 20, Title 16 of the California Code of Regulations (CCR) Regarding Telemedicine and Time to Refill Prescriptions
- Recommendation to Amend BPC Sections 4836.2, 4853.1, 4900, and 4905 and Repeal Sections 4836.3, 4842.5, and 4846.4 Regarding Licensing Fees and Expiration Dates
- Overview of April 21, 2021 MDC Meeting
- Interviews, Discussion, and Possible Appointment to Fill Vacant MDC Veterinarian Member Positions
- Update, Discussion, and Possible Action on 2021 Legislation
- Assembly Bill (AB) 29 (Cooper, 2021) State bodies: meetings
- AB 54 (Kiley, 2021) COVID-19 emergency order violation: license revocation
- AB 107 (Salas, 2021) Licensure: veterans and military spouses
- AB 225 (Gray, 2021) Department of Consumer Affairs: boards: veterans: military spouses: licenses
- AB 339 (Lee, 2021) State and local government: open meetings
- AB 384 (Kalra, 2021) Cannabis and cannabis products: animals: veterinary medicine
- AB 527 (Wood, 2021) Controlled substances
- AB 553 (Kamlager, 2021) Pet insurance
- AB 646 (Low, 2021) Department of Consumer Affairs: boards: expunged convictions
- AB 1026 (Smith, 2021) Business licenses: veterans
- AB 1236 (Ting, 2021) Healing arts: licensees: data collection
- AB 1282 (Bloom, 2021) Veterinary medicine: blood banks for animals
- AB 1386 (Cunningham, 2021) License fees: military partners and spouses
- AB 1535 (Committee on Business and Professions, 2021) Veterinary Medical Board
- Legislative Proposal for Inclusion in AB 1535 to Amend BPC, Division 2, Chapter 11, Article 3.5 (Commencing with Section 4860) Regarding Diversion Evaluation Committees
- Senate Bill (SB) SB 102 (Melendez, 2021) COVID-19 emergency order violation: license revocation
- SB 344 (Hertzberg, 2021) Homeless shelters grants: pets and veterinary services
- SB 547 (Glazer, 2021) Animals: emergency response: California Veterinary Emergency Team program
- SB 585 (Stern, 2021) Cats: declawing procedures: prohibition
- SB 731 (Durazo, 2021) Criminal records: relief
- SB 772 (Ochoa Bogh, 2021) Professions and vocations: citations: minor violations
- Update, Discussion, and Possible Action on Proposed Regulations
- Recess until April 23, 2021, at 9:00 a.m.
9:00 a.m., Friday, April 23, 2021
- Reconvene - Establishment of a Quorum.
- Hearing on Placement of San Joaquin Valley College RVT Program on Board Probation
- Board President Report – Mark Nunez, DVM.
- Registered Veterinary Technician Report – Jennifer Loredo, RVT.
- National Association Involvement Reports – Kathy Bowler and Mark Nunez, DVM.
- International Council for Veterinary Assessment
- AAVSB, Member and Program Services Think Tank
- Executive Management Reports
Update, Discussion and Possible Action Regarding AAVSB Activities
- Cannabidiol Guidelines
- Call for Resolutions
- Call for Topics
- Call for Nominations
- AAVSB Annual Meeting & Conference
- CE Tracking & Auditing
- VTNE Scheduling Update
- AAVSB COVID-19 Tracking
Future Agenda Items and Next Meeting Dates
• July 22-23, 2021
• October 21-22, 2021
- Special Order of Business (1:00 p.m.)
Pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(c)(3), the Board Will Meet in Closed Session to Deliberate and Vote on the Above Petition and Disciplinary Matters, Including Stipulations and Proposed Decisions
RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
- Adjournment Upon Conclusion of Business – Due to technological limitations, adjournment will not be broadcast. Adjournment will immediately follow Closed Session under Item 18, and there will be no other items of business discussed.
This agenda can be found on the Veterinary Medical Board website at www.vmb.ca.gov. Action may be taken on any item on the agenda. The time and order of agenda items are subject to change at the discretion of the Committee Chair and may be taken out of order. In accordance with the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act, all meetings of the Committee are open to the public.
This meeting will be webcast, provided there are no unforeseen technical difficulties or limitations. To view the webcast, please visit thedcapage.wordpress.com/webcasts/. The meeting will not be cancelled if webcast is not available. Meeting adjournment may not be webcast if it is the only item that occurs after a closed session.
Government Code section 11125.7 provides the opportunity for the public to address each agenda item during discussion or consideration by the Committee prior to the Committee taking any action on said item. Members of the public will be provided appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Committee, but the Committee Chair may, at his or her discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak. Individuals may appear before the Committee to discuss items not on the agenda; however, the Committee can neither discuss nor take official action on these items at the time of the same meeting (Government Code sections 11125, 11125.7(a)).
This meeting is being held via WebEx Events. The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs disability-related accommodations or modifications to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting the Committee at (916) 515-5220, email: email@example.com, or sending a written request to the Veterinary Medical Board, 1747 N. Market St., Suite 230, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least five (5) business days prior to the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodations. TDD Line: (916) 326-2297.