BreEZe Online Services - Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the links below to view frequently asked questions within a particular category.
I forgot my User ID/Password, how do I reset it?
Click on the "Forgot User ID" or "Forgot Password" link on the DCA BreEZe Home Page and follow the information on the web pages. Or watch the tutorial video titled "Forgot User ID or Password" to see how it is done.
What are BreEZe password requirements?
Write down your user ID and password in a safe place so that you have them for the next time you need to log in. Your new password must contain the following:
- A minimum of 4 (four) characters
- Must not be the same as your user id
- Must not be a variation of your user id
- Must contain at least (1) uppercase alphabetic character
- Must contain at least (1) lowercase alphabetic character
- Must contain at least (1) numeric character
- Must contain at least (1) special character (example: @!#$%^&*)
Are user names and passwords case sensitive?
The user name is not case sensitive, but the password is case sensitive.
How do I create an account in BreEZe?
- Go to the BreEZe link at https://www.breeze.ca.gov.
- Click on the BreEZe Registration link at the bottom of the screen.
- Complete the User Registration information; you create the User ID (minimum of 8 characters. It’s not case sensitive) enter the security code (all lower case characters, No spaces) and press next.
- Go to your email (remember to check your spam or junk email folders) to retrieve the temporary password. The password is case sensitive.
- Go back to the BreEZe link.
- Enter your user ID, and then enter the temporary password and press next.
- Enter your temporary password again, and then create a new password that you can remember.
- Press next when you are done.
How many failed log-in attempts do I get before I am locked out of my account?
How do I associate my license(s)/applicant account with the BreEZe account I created?
- Log into your account
- Press on Update Profile (this is on the upper right hand side of the screen)
- Press add licenses (this is on the bottom right hand side of the screen)
- Choose the correct Board/Bureau and your license type from the drop downs.
- Under last name: Type in your last name (if not already there)
- Under SSN: Put in the last 4 digits of your SSN
- Under Date of Birth: add your date of birth using this format (mm/dd/yyyy)
- Add the Security Measures Characters (all lower case letters please press refresh if you cannot read them until you get a set you can read.)
- Press next. You have now associated your license/applicant account with your BreEZe account.
What is an Authorized Representative?
An Authorized Representative can manage another persons' account such as process renewals, make payments and manage license information. Normally an Authorized Representative is an office assistant, or anyone else who may help the licensee in their daily business activities.
I locked myself out of my account, what do I do next?
Email your full name, license number and user ID to firstname.lastname@example.org and say you have been locked out of your account and you need to have it reset.
Can I create an account if I do not have a license?
Yes, a license is not required to create an account. Non-licensed accounts will be able to apply for exams and licenses, view the status of your complaints, and/or subscribe to license notifications.
I did not receive a registration email with the temporary password.
Please check your junk mail folder.
BreEZe says my license is already associated with another account/entity.
Please email email@example.com your full name, license number, and DCA Board/Bureau/Committee name. Explain the error you are receiving. This is most likely because you already created an account. You cannot have two accounts with the same license number.
BreEZe says my email already exists.
This means you tried to create an account using this email address. You can click on "Forgot User ID" or "Forgot Password". If you are not able to answer the “secret question” you will have to create a new account using a different email.
APPLICATIONS AND RENEWALS
How do I renew my license?
If your license is up for renewal and you have associated your license with your account, the renewal option will be at the top of the screen. The renewal option will show up at least 90 days prior to your expiration date.
Do I receive a notification that DCA has received my renewal after I submit it?
An email is sent to the user after submission.
How can I update my license name?
You need to create an account in BreEZe and associate your license or application record in BreEZe. Once you do that, look for the section in your profile that says “Manage your license information” Select the drop down under the license type that you wish to update and select the name change application.
What do I do if I need to change any information I submitted with my application?
Once an application is submitted, no changes can be made online. Please contact your Board or Bureau directly to make changes.
Are files required to be attached to an application?
No. Files are not required to be attached to an application in order to submit it. But, most applications require certain documents before it can be processed. Thus, the document can either be attached to the application -which is recommended for faster processing- or documents can be mailed into your licensing agency.
Which credit cards are accepted by BreEZe?
Visa, American Express, Discover and MasterCard.
Can I pay by check online?
No. If you would like to pay by check, you will need to deliver it to the Board/Bureau.
BreEZe is not accepting my credit card information
- Enter all 16 digits without slashes/dashes.
- Enter Expiration date in the following format: MMYY
- No slashes/dashes
- For “February 2019” users would type: 0219
- The CVV2 code is the 3 numbers on the back of your credit card.
- If it is an American Express card, it will be the 4 numbers on the front of the card.
- Enter in the billing information for your card (including the country if requested).
- When all information is entered properly select the process button.
- Prepaid cards will not work with our system.
How do I pay my fine online?
First you need to register with BreEZe and associate your license(s) with your BreEZe account. Once you do that if you owe any fines, the fines will appear in your cart on the right hand side of the screen.
Do I get a receipt after I make a payment?
Yes. The receipt can be viewed by clicking the "View PDF Summary Report" button on the Fee and Summary Report screen or a receipts can be viewed by clicking the "Select" button for the "Payment Receipts" activity on the Quick Start Menu. Once the receipt is displayed on the screen, click the Print button to print the receipt.
When I make a payment, do I have to make a full payment?
No, you can make a partial payment by typing a partial payment amount into the textbox next to the payment amount.
Can I use a smart phone or tablet to create a BreEZe account?
No, you cannot. You must use a laptop or desktop computer to create an account.
Why are the tutorial videos not playing on my computer?
The videos are embedded in the web page and do not require a video player. You may need to disable your pop-ups if the video is not playing.
Which browsers will BreEZe support?
BreEZe supports (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome); however since browsers are continually being updated, if users are having issues with navigation or functionality, we would encourage the use of Internet Explorer.
What is the "Skip Navigation" hyperlink in the top right corner of the screen?
The "Skip Navigation" hyperlink directs the user to the bottom of the page. This is identical to a "Go to Bottom of Page" link.
My computer is saying this is not a secure site, why?
This is an Official Government site. All information provided is secure.
What is a Respondent?
The party against whom a complaint is made.
What is a Complainant?
The party or organization making a complaint.
What is the "File a Complaint" hyperlink?
This link allows you to file a complaint against a licensee. A user can file a complaint anonymously by using the link on the login screen. If the user would like to track the status of their complaint, they will need to create a BreEZe Online account and file the complaint while logged into their account.
What can I view while searching for a license?
Depending on the Board and License Type, different information will display. Information may include: License information (license type, license status, expiration date), Survey Information (Patient Care Practice Location, Areas of Practice, Board Certifications) and Public Record Actions (Public Disclosure documents).
What does "Previous Name" mean when I perform a license search?
When conducting a search based on name, the search results screen will display the text "Previous Name" next to any previously held names in the system. If you click on a "Previous Name", you will be directed to the License Details screen under the Licensee's current name.
What is the "Verify a License" hyperlink?
This link allows you to search for and view a licensee's license information, including any public disclosure documents linked to the licensee that are available to view by the public.