The mission of the Veterinary Medical Board (VMB) is to protect consumers and animals through development and maintenance of professional standards, licensing of veterinarians, registered veterinary technicians, and premises, and diligent enforcement of the California Veterinary Medicine Practice Act.
Online Services are now available!
- VERIFY a license or registration,
- FILE a complaint against a licensee or registrant.
- APPLY for a license,
- RENEW your license/registration.
If you need technical assistance with BreEZe, please call our Consumer Information Center at
(800) 952-5210 or visit our BreEZe Online Services FAQ page.
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS NEEDED [2/24/2017]
PET LOVERS LICENSE PLATE UPDATE [2/7/17]
CURES 2.0 UPDATE [1/12/16]
RECALL NOTICE (WEDGEWOOD PHARMACY) [9/8/16]
VETERINARIAN LICENSE REVOKED FOR ANIMAL CRUELTY [8/30/2016]
NBVME PRACTICE ANALYSIS SURVEY LAUNCH [4/26/2016]
- Quick Hits
- News Releases and Alerts
- Join Our Email List!
- Take Our Survey - Tell Us How We're Doing!
- Information for Military Personnel and Their Spouses/Domestic Partners
- Board/Committee Meetings
- Verify a License
- Letters of Good Standing
- Fees - March 2012 to Current
- Laws and Regulations
- Employment Opportunities
- Hot Links
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Pending Decisions and Opportunities for Public Participation
- What's New
- Expert Witnesses Needed
- News and Views - The Newsletter of the Veterinary Medical Board
- Unlicensed Activity - Dental Procedures FAQ
- RACE Approval of Complementary and Alternative Veterinary Medicine Continuing Education
- Operation of Radiographic Equipment Frequently Asked Questions (eff. January 1, 2011)
- Help Reduce Pet Overpopulation with the Pet Lovers License Plate!
- Tip Sheet: Dog Attacks on Guide Dogs
- Controlled Substance Administration Frequently Asked Questions
- Press Releases